This workshop space is part of a former psychiatric hospital which once housed patients with psychotic illnesses, the senile and alcoholics. Opened in 1887, it was at one time New Zealand’s largest hospital, but was closed down by 1977 having been declared unfit and uneconomical. Rather than being demolished, many buildings were repurposed, albeit unrefurbished and in various states of dilapidation. A splendid matchbox collection, a suite of vintage bicycles, and a couple of wooden giraffe mascots for a business recycling zoological animal excrement as fertiliser were delightful finds until an active security alarm ended our explorations. Suffice to say, we won’t “come again”.